Tuesday 22 May, 2012

A Week's Effort


Finished City of Djinns finally. Took almost a month to finish a  350 page book. I must say that anybody with even the slightest interest in the history of  Delhi must read this book. It's beautifully illustrated with lots of information. It takes us deep into the heart of the illustrious heritage of India.

Did a few sketches over the past week. Here are those

I was going for a fast rough sketch when I started with the above sketch. It had been a long time since I had drawn a full figure. It was completed in roughly 20-25 mins. I was having real problems with the curves.



This was done immediately after the previous one. this was completed even faster than the previous one. These two sketches have rough repeated pencil lines. I like it this way when I prefer a fast sketch with less details.


With this one I got a bit serious and took some time with the shading. This was done the next day. By this time I was pretty confident with figures. Though I didn't shade the face properly making it look kind of flat.


This was easier comparatively. I must say that long hands give me trouble sometimes. I don't understand how to place them properly. All the problems which arose were with the hands.This was also includes rough pencil work, but its much more organized unlike the 1st and 2nd sketch. The tyle of shading reflects my state of mind

No comments:

Post a Comment