Tuesday 3 July, 2012

Illustrations and Cartooning

Actually taking a random word and drawing it is a great way of improving lateral thinking. It helps us to generate more and more ideas. It is actually generation of alternatives, which a technique of cultivating lateral thinking. We should do the exercise over and over so that we can sharpen our thinking.Here is my practice page

I wanted to complete the poster exercise but as start doing it I get to know where I am very weak. I cannot  express the concept as I visualize it. Here is a concept for the poster on Child Labour.



I enjoyed the most in doing the following exercises. Its both creative and humorous. 

The Pencil Box Conspiracy


The Sholey scene...






1 comment:

  1. I'd rather suggest that you work more on the expressions. The best thing you can do is sketch certain expressions and label them accordingly like anger, sorrow, scared etc. Then you can compare the label with the sketch. It will be a good exercise.

    Next time you draw cartoons, you can just replicate those expressions with some tweaks and get the desired result.

    ReplyDelete